We spent part of July at our place in Calumet doing informal rammed earth test studies. Wanting to keep our first foray simple, we used bricks with ratchet straps as a mold and dirt collected from the backyard as the substance. Joe rammed using a wooden stick he found site. Claire added her expertise to the event. The addition of binders and sealers will be necessary but we wanted to see how the soil held up on its own. We will leave them outside to see how the weather over the next few months. We are excited about the potential of this product for its beauty, sustainability and thermal properties. We are already thinking about future applications once we get the technique mastered.